Bad Movie Bad Review
Who are we
Bad Movie Bad Review (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the www.badmovie-badreview.com website (the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service, and the choices you have associated with that data. We use your data to provide and improve the Service. By using the Service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
For any requests or further information regarding data protection on Bad Movie Bad Review, we can be reached via email at:
What personal data we collect and why
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you, and to comply with U.K law and the E.U General Data Protection Regulations.
For registered users of Bad Movie Bad Review
During the registration process for users of Bad Movie Bad Review an active email account will be required in order to complete the registration process. Optional details that may be entered into a user profile upon discretion are; full name, website address, Google+ account name, Twitter profile name, and Facebook profile. As with other third-party organisations linked to Bad Movie Bad Review, we strongly recommend that you familiarise yourself with all third-party privacy and data protection policies.
Basic personal data related to user registration is stored in the WordPress database in the wp_users table. This includes the username (user_login), password (user_pass), and email (user_email) of the users.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
All in One WP Security (https://www.tipsandtricks-hq.com/)
All in One WP Security is a plug used on the WordPress backend of Bad Movie Bad Review that provides various security related features, one of which is enhanced login protection. This plugin will only collect information such as IP addresses and account login names purely for security purposes and such info is not transmitted anywhere outside of Bad Movie Bad Review. An example is the following:
– when the login lockdown feature is enabled (currently this is disabled)
– someone attempted several unsuccessful login attempts and they got locked out.
As a result of the above this plugin will store their IP address, user login name, and also date/time of the failed attempt. If the plugin was unable to store such data it would be impossible to stop a malicious user or brute-force attempts to breach their way into the wp admin account. The plugin does not collect personal information such as names and residential addresses. With regards to deleting the info – upon request Bad Movie Bad Review can delete the DB tables and settings created by this plugin via the PHPMyAdmin interface.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
All uploaded content is publicly accessible, and will be included in any data retrieval requests made to Bad Movie Bad Review. If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Contact Forms (Mailchimp Forms by Optin Cat) and Mailchimp
Optin Cat (by FatCatApps) is the WordPress plugin used on Bad Movie Bad Review for contact forms. When a contact form is filled in, the name, email address, and timezone of the user is recorded and stored in the Optin Cat Subscribers Database. This also records the users consent status. This data can be retrieved/exported/deleted as per the GDPR rules surrounding data handling. More information can be found here: https://fatcatapps.com/knowledge-base/gdpr-optins/
Once a contact form has been completed the email address is forwarded to the mailing service Mailchimp, along with first name and last name. Further details on this third-party service can be found here: https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/. A Data Protection Addendum (DPA) between The Rocket Science Group LLC d/b/a Mailchimp (“Mailchimp“) and Bad Movie Bad Review has been signed.
Embedded content from other websites
In the case of YouTube embeds, a plugin called Youtube by Embedplus Team is configured to prompt a consent pop-up for each embedded YouTube video on Bad Movie Bad Review.
Who we share your data with
Google Analytics is the ‘Data Processor’ of Bad Movie Bad Review.
- Google is certified under the Privacy Shield Agreement, which provides a guarantee to comply with European privacy legislation (https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt000000001L5AAI&status=Active).
- Google will use this information on our behalf to evaluate the use of our online offer by users to compile reports on the activities within this online offer and to provide us with further services related to the use of this online offer and the internet usage. In this case, pseudonymous usage profiles of the users can be created from the processed data.
- We only use Google Analytics with activated IP anonymization. This means that the IP address of the users will be shortened by Google within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to a Google server in the USA and shortened there.
- The IP address submitted by the user’s browser will not be merged with other data provided by Google. Users can prevent the storage of cookies by setting their browser software accordingly; Users may also prevent the collection by Google of the data generated by the cookie and related to their use of the online offer as well as the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
- For more information about Google’s data usage, settings and opt-out options, please visit Google’s websites: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/partners (“Google’s use of your data when you use websites or apps of our partners”), https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads (“Advertising use of data”), https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated (“Managing information Google uses to show you ads”).
- Incidentally, the personal data will be anonymized or deleted after a lapse of 26 months.
- A DPA (Data Protection Agreement) has been signed between Google and Bad Movie Bad Review.
1&1 (The hosting service for Bad Movie Bad Review)
The hosting service used by Bad Movie Bad Review is 1&1. The entirety of all personal data created/captured through the use of Bad Movie Bad Review is stored on the 1&1 data centers in Germany. More information can be found here: https://www.1and1.co.uk/cloud-community/learn/web-server/server-management/gdpr-information/
A Reseller Data Processing Agreement (DPA) has been signed between 1&1 and Bad Movie Bad Review.
Google+ (Google Inc) https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en&gl=zz
How we protect your data
The data transmitted to and from Bad Movie Bad Review is secured through the use of an SSL certificate. SSL protects your sensitive information as it travels between computer networks, and is essential for protecting website users and their data. It provides privacy, critical security and data integrity for both Bad Movie Bad Review and its users personal data.
The All in One Wp security plugin by Tips and Trick HQ is installed and activated in the WordPress backend of Bad Movie Bad Review, and this enhances the security of the site and its visitors with a variety of functions. More information can be found here: (https://www.tipsandtricks-hq.com/wordpress-security-and-firewall-plugin)
Anonymising of IP addresses has been enabled via the Google Analytics by WebKinder plugin through the WordPress dashboard of Bad Movie Bad Review.
Cookies are small text files that can be used by websites to make a user’s experience more efficient.
The law states that we can store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of this site. For all other types of cookies we need your permission.
This site uses different types of cookies. Some cookies are placed by third party services that appear on our pages.